The Saint's Club
The Saint’s Club was formed in 2018 as a service organization dedicated to enriching lives at every opportunity. Current club membership consists of 20 Saint Stan’s boys and girls.
The members hold special fundraising events, primarily to recognize a volunteer in the school during the spring academic awards presentations. Fundraisers include bake sales, hot dog sales, and the Saint’s Club sponsors the annual St. Valentine’s Day dance.
How to Join:
- Any student between 4th & 8th grade are eligible for membership
- Contact Mrs. Huhnke or Mrs. Borawski for details
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society recognizes Sixth through Eighth Grade students who demonstrate scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship, and character.
How to Join:
- Receive an invitation to apply, based on current GPA and school attendance. The minimum eligible GPA is 3.5
- Submit application for evaluation by the Faculty Council
Membership in NJHS is an on-going responsibility; it is an obligation to continue demonstrating the outstanding qualities that resulted in the students’ election.
Members are expected to maintain academic excellence, attend chapter meetings, participate in service projects, and continue to be a role model to fellow students.
For more information on NJHS, please contact Mrs. Huhnke or Mrs. Borawski.
Each year, our students participate in the regional Catholic Youth Organization Spelling Bee. This contest is open to all Catholic schools in Northwest Indiana and is strictly for fun and practice.
Students first compete in their classrooms and schools. School-wide winners then move on to the final CYO Spelling Bee, held here in Northwest Indiana.
Details will be sent home during the school year.
Duneland Area Community Band
Learning to play an instrument has countless benefits both inside the classroom and out — and it’s fun! We encourage all interested students to explore available opportunities with the Duneland Area Community Band program.
The Program’s tiered performance levels allow for a variety of ages and skills. Each student simply needs a desire to learn and work with others.
How to Join:
- Any student entering, or currently in, Fourth through Eighth Grade is welcome to join the DAC Band Program.
- Students typically join DAC during the summer; fall registrations will usually need private lessons (through DAC) before joining the full band.